Stanford Water Polo Club

2017 Boys Summer Session Registration
May 15 - July 16 , 2017
(All Groups)

(updated 5/9/17, 11:00 am)


Registration for all 18U, 16U, 14U and 12U athletes is now closed. Please email Dawn (email) to be put on our wait list. Individuals on the wait list will be contacted via email and added to the appropriate practice group should space become available. Any athlete who registers after a group is posted as full, is not guaranteed a spot for the Summer Session, and will incur a 10% transaction fee. The remaining 90% of session costs will be refunded.

SESSION DATES
High School 1, 2 & 3: May 15 - July 16, 2017
Age Group 1, 2 & 3*: May 15 - July 16, 2017

*Athletes interested in our Age Group 3 program will have three different participation options:
Summer Session (May 15 - July 16)
Summer Prep (May 15 - June 4)
Summer Six (June 5-July 16)

For select athletes the session will go until July 25. This will be based on an athlete's selection to a Junior Olympic team and whether that team qualifies for the tournament.

REGISTRATION
Registration for our 2017 Summer Session is now available and can be accessed by clicking here.

Registration for all groups is available on a first-come, first-served basis until we reach capacity in each practice group. A notice will be posted at the top of the home page once a practice group is full. Any athlete who registers after a group is posted as full, is not guaranteed a spot for the Summer Session, and will incur a 10% transaction fee. The remaining 90% of session costs will be refunded.

Be sure to mark your calendar for May 1, as no registration email reminders will be sent out.

Once registration is closed, please email Dawn (email) to be put on our wait list. Individuals on the wait list will be contacted via email and added to the appropriate practice group should space become available.

USA WATER POLO MEMBERSHIP
All athletes must have valid USA Water Polo (USWP) membership through the end of 2017 prior to submitting registration. Gold* or Silver Membership is required for all Age Group 1, Age Group 2 and High School athletes. Only Age Group 3 athletes can participate with Bronze level membership. To register or renew with USWP click here.

*Gold membership is required for all athletes interested in participating at Junior Olympics.

Important Note: Athletes wishing to be selected to a JO Team must be affiliated with our Club, Stanford Water Polo Foundation, club #570, Pacific Zone (#6) no later than 7 days prior to the commencement of the zone qualification tournament. USWP is very strict on this, and there is no grace period.

Age Verification
USWP has an age verification requirement for all athletes participating in National Championship Events. For those who have never completed the age verification, this is a one-time-charge of $5.00 paid online through TC logiQ Secure Website. Gold athlete members must complete this process prior to participating in any National Championship Event, in particular the Regional Junior Olympic Qualifier, which is fast approaching. This process can take up to seven (7) days to receive results, so we urge all athletes to complete the verification right away to avoid delays as the qualifiers get closer. We will not be able to verify and submit rosters until all athletes' birth dates have been successfully verified in the USWP system. We encourage all of our members who have the intention of participating on one of our Club JO teams to complete the verification process as described by USWP as soon as possible. If you have any follow up questions regarding the verification process, please feel free to email Coach Barnea (email).

Membership ID Check
Prior to each game, teams and athletes are now required to present verified rosters, proving all athletes are current USWP members, as well as photo IDs to match those listed on the verified rosters. We have the ability to produce copies of Stanford WPC USWP Membership IDs and provide them directly to the coaches prior to competition and ask that all Spring Session athletes double check their USWP Membership account to ensure there is a current headshot uploaded for every athlete. Uploading a headshot is a simple process, which is detailed in everyone's USWP account, but if you have any questions please email Coach Barnea (email).


SESSION COSTS
Group
Early Registration
(submitted by May 9)
Registration
(submitted May 10 or later)
High School 1A, 1B, & 2 Summer Session
$970
$985
Age Group 1 & 2 Summer Session
$970
$985


AGE GROUP 3 SESSION COST
Session Options
Dates
Cost
Includes
Option 1: Summer Session
(9 Weeks)
May 15 - July 16
$560
  • Club Shirt
  • Club Suit
  • Club Day (June 4)
  • USA vs. Croatia (June 11)
  • Option to request Club Trial (if new)
Option 2: Summer Prep
(3 Weeks)
May 15 - June 4
$210
  • Club Shirt
  • Club Day (June 4)
Option 3: Summer Six
(6 Weeks)
June 5 - July 16
$420
  • Club Shirt
  • USA vs. Croatia (June 11)

REFUND POLICY
25% of the Session Costs is non-refundable once any online registration is submitted. The balance is refundable at a pro-rate during the first three weeks of the session. After May 28, refunds will no longer be issued.

For a refund, please e-mail Dawn (email). Refunds are pro-rated from the date the e-mail is received.

SIBLING DISCOUNT
Additional siblings are $40 less than the regular fee. Be sure to register all brothers using the same family account in order to receive the discount. (Cannot be combined with the Girls' Club).

CLUB TRIAL MEMBERSHIP
May 15-28 for new athletes only.
Note: For Age Group 3, the Club Trial is only available for athletes who sign up for the full 9 Week Summer Session.

If you are new to Stanford WPC and interested in our Club Trial, this is how it works:

*If you are new to the sport of water polo, you may use the USWP Trial Membership (click here) while participating in our Club trial.  Please read the information and follow the instructions at the top of the form carefully.  Be sure to use the date your son will participate in his first practice so the membership covers the full two weeks of his Club trial.